What is Invisalign® Invisalign "Teen"?
Invisalign® is clear and practically invisible, so nothing gets in the way of your new smile. Invisalign® uses advanced 3-D computer technology to create virtually undetectable customized aligners. So you can get your teeth straight without braces or wires.
INVISALIGN / TEEN
Invisalign Teen aligners have all the features of Invisalign aligners plus have indicators to show wear-time (solid blue dots become lighter with wear), allow eruption of permanent teeth into the aligner and replaceable if lost (up to six individual aligners).See below if you can even tell if the Invisalign clear tray is on the teeth.
|Jackie holding Invisalign® tray||Invisalign® tray almost inserted onto teeth||Wow! You can't even see the Invisalign® tray!|
- How does Invisalign® work?
- The Invisalign® system is a series of clear plastic aligners that gradually achieve the same result of metal braces. The plastic is nearly invisible and can be removed when you wish to eat or chew gum. Cleaning your teeth is also easier with invisible braces because you can still brush and floss without having to remove your braces.
- What are aligners made of?
- Aligners are made of clear, strong medical grade plastic that is virtually invisible when worn.
- What do aligners look like?
- Aligners are nearly invisible and look similar to clear tooth-whitening trays, but are custom-made for a better fit to move teeth.
- How often do I need to wear my aligners, how often do I change them and how often do I need to come in?
- You wear each set of aligners for about two weeks, moving your teeth gradually - week by week - millimeter by millimeter - until you've achieved perfectly straightened teeth. Generally, you'll visit Dr. Tahir's office either in the Berwyn or the Oak Lawn office every 4 to 6 weeks. Total treatment time averages 9-15 months and the average number of aligners worn during treatment is between 18 and 30, but both will vary from case to case.
- What are the main advantages of Invisalign® over braces?
- Removable: So you can eat and drink what you want while in treatment, plus brushing and flossing are no problem.
- Comfortable: Because it has no metal to cause mouth abrasions during treatment. And no metal and wires usually means you spend less time in your doctor's office getting adjustments.
- Invisible: No one can tell you are straightening your teeth. So now you can smile more DURING treatment as well as after.
- Invisalign® also allows you to view your own virtual treatment plan when you start, so you can see how your straight teeth will look when your treatment is complete. Invisalign® is the invisible way to straighten your teeth without braces, aided by computer imagery uses a series of clear removable aligners to straighten your teeth without metal wires or brackets. Invisalign® has been proven effective in clinical research.
- How much does Invisalign® cost?
- As with other types of orthodontic treatment, the cost of Invisalign® depends on the complexity of a patient's case. It can vary from $3500 to $6500 depending on complexity of your case. Dr. Tahir offers a FREE consultation at either of his Berwyn or Oak Lawn offices. Also: We also do not let finances stand in the way of getting a beautiful smile. We offer a number of payment plans that make any treatment fit our patient's budget.
- Does Invisalign® really work?
- Yes. In both clinical research and in orthodontic and dental practices nationwide, Invisalign® has been proven effective at straightening teeth.
- Does insurance cover Invisalign®?
- Because medical benefits differ significantly from policy to policy, each patient should review their coverage. However, if a patient has orthodontic coverage, Invisalign® should be covered to the same extent as conventional braces.
- What is the minimum age of a patient that a doctor can treat with Invisalign®?
- Doctors can use Invisalign® to treat a vast majority of patients with fully-erupted molars. Now with Invisalign-Teen®, even younger patients can get the benefit of Invisalign®.
See Dr.Tahir to see if you are a candidate.
Dr.Tahir has helped patients in his Berwyn and Oak Lawn offices with Invisalign and has created custom made treatment plans to get beautiful, head turning smiles without braces for adults and teens.